1. Where were you born?
In Brittany, France.
2. How long have you been in your present job?
It’s 2 years since we moved back to South Africa from Thailand to open Cassis.
3. What is your favourite dish to cook?
Anything to share with friends and family around the table – a stew for winter, a big fresh colourful salad for the summer.
4. What is your favourite dish to eat?
5. What’s the best thing about your job?
There’s no limit to creativity and being an owner gives you a lot of freedom.
6. What’s the worst thing about your job?
Being an owner ages me a lot quicker than it should, – stress maybe??
7. Name a restaurant in Cape Town you like?
The restaurant headed by Gregory at Waterkloof Wine Estate, Somerset West.
8. If you were not a chef what would you be doing?
Robbing banks. (joke joke!). As I started my career in my 15th year it’s difficult to say as I’m now entering my 30th year in this business.
Who knows what path I might have followed? If I were to do it again I would not change anything. The job has taken me and my family around the world, I’ve lived more than one life already, met amazing people, shared incredible adventures and could not be more happy.
9. What’s your favourite food memory?
Being in Thailand, eating with the family in the little side streets, the Soi. Amazing food, lots of laughter, amazing Thailand…….
Cassis Gardens, Shop 37a, Gardens Centre. 021 461 6232.
Cassis Newlands, 5 Cardiff Castle, Cnr Kildare and Main Rds, Newlands. 021 671 1303.
Cassis Mouille Point, soon to open!!!!